At Alfred Poppins we can assist you in getting the look and feel you want in your home when it comes to your wood burning or multi-fuel stove.
The services we provide are from start to finish and beyond.
- In store we offer expert advice from an experienced member of the team. We will guide you through all the options you have before discussing the free of charge home visit.
- When the home visit is carried out we will come to your house to make sure what you have as a vision can be created. At this point there are no silly questions and we make sure you know what we are going to quote on.
- The quote. We then email you a quote, this quote breaks down all the prices so you know what you are paying for and can pop back in to the shop to finalise any of the details.
- Only then do we ask for money to secure your installation date.
- The installation is then carried out by our fitters that have worked for us for many years and their attention to detail is second to none and we have literally hundreds of pictures of their work for you to see.
- Once it is installed we will give you a demonstration on how to use and get the most from your new stove.
- Once you have enjoyed your stove for a season then you can contact us to keep your chimney cleaned and stove serviced with our sweep and service engineer, please call us on 07871 322780 or 07581 322069.
Stocking some of the finest brands on offer we can supply, install and service your appliance forever.
We offer a full stove service which would ensure that your appliance is safe and working correctly keeping your stove in tip top condition is critical to the safety of your property and family.
Chimneys need to allow the free passage of dangerous combustion gasses. Regular sweeping will remove soot, bird nests, cobwebs and any other blockages. It also removes creosote, which will help to prevent dangerous chimney fires. Chimney Sweeping will also increase the efficiency of some appliances. It is recommended that you have your chimney swept at least once a year when burning smokeless fuel, quarterly with burning wood and Bituminous coal. Click here to book your Chimney Sweep
Installation Safety Checks
Similar to having your gas boiler checked, we are able to come out and issue a report for the stove installation in your property, this could be a property that you have just purchased or even looking to purchase. This will ensure that the property is safe and your family are not in danger. If the installation deemed dangerous or not compliant, we will advise you not to continue using the stove, until rectification works are completed.
Where possible we will issue an estimated cost for any works required to make the installation safe and compliant, unfortunately some installations are so far from complaint they are not cost effective to rectify and we would recommend starting from scratch but we will always do our best to rectify any issues.
Stove Door Repairs
Is your glass broken in your stove door? Are you unable to remove the old glass or have your studs broken? If so we can repair and replace your glass, simply either bring in your stove details, your door or a photograph of the door and we will provide you with an estimate. Sometimes doors cannot be repaired this could either be to the age of the stove and the lack of available spare parts or the doors are too badly worn to be repaired.
We are now open and running as appointment only in our new Ketton showroom. We are stocking a good range of stoves which are Woodward, Clock, Town & Country, Contura and Heta. Contact us to make your appointment, we are happy to help!
Dear Valued customers Due to the government announcement and the rapid spread of COVID-19 we have taken the difficult decision to remain closed for the next 3 weeks and protect our customers, family and friends. As we have a vulnerable member in our household I will...
You will have no doubt seen the headlines regarding the Government’s announcement on fuels. This forms part of the Clean Air Plan and an announcement has been in the pipeline for a while. As an organisation, The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps feel it’s important to...
Since we launched our new home buyers fire safety inspection in January it has proved popular. Not only for new home owners but for landlords and estate agents where the safety of the appliance has to be thoroughly checked and signed off. Today we were asked to...
So you've brought a new house and it has a fire... is it SAFE? When buying a new home with an existing fireplace can be very exciting, the thought of cosy evenings and weekends with your feet up and a glass of your favourite tipple... But how do you know it is working...
We were in Rippingale today fitting a Parkray consort 5 wood only stove. We fitted it into the existing fireplace using a Duraflue chimney lining system and a stainless steel closure plate at the base of the chimney opening. The customer had had the floor tiled into...